Fellowship awarded to Dr Stephen Tristram
After serving on the Board for 20 years, as Chairman for the past 10 years, Dr Stephen Tristram has regretfully announced that he is stepping down.
The Board voted unanimously to award Dr Tristram honorary life membership and the designation ‘Fellow of the BAS’ in recognition of his immense contribution to the Association.
Hilary Furber, Operations Manager and Board Secretary comments “We understand the reasons Steve has taken the decision to relinquish the Chair at this time, but he has been a guiding light and the face of the BAS for almost 20 years. He will be very much missed, by the Board and the BAS membership. A towering presence at BAS annual conferences, Steve has been unfailingly generous in sharing his expertise with others and he has made a significant contribution to our success. We are delighted that he will continue to support the BAS, albeit not as a board member; he is very much looking forward to May 2023 when the BAS will hold its first physical conference since lockdown. The Board is now actively recruiting new board members to play a part in shaping our future and helping to drive the BAS forward.”
Board member Dr Martyn King has been appointed Chair.
- Latest News
- Australia job opportunities Posted: 28th September 2022
- BAS 2023 Conference Date Announced Posted: 12th September 2022
- Fellowship awarded to Dr Stephen Tristram Posted: 8th September 2022
- Unique CPD opportunity: in-clinic shadowing Posted: 3rd August 2022
- Review of Vascular Societies' Annual Scientific Meeting 2021 Posted: 18th December 2021