New article “When to refer”
Phlebologist Dr Haroun Gajraj (VeinCare Centre, Dorset) writes in Aesthetic Medicine Feb 2020 journal on when NOT to treat leg telangiectases and reticular veins with microsclerotherapy but to refer for prior colour duplex imaging.
“Leg telangiectasias and reticular veins can be a sign of superficial venous reflux”, he says, “and may benefit from investigation by duplex ultrasound and treatment in order to mitigate the risks of venous complications such as superficial venous thrombosis, venous eczema and venous ulceration. For this reason, it is important that patients with telangiectasia and reticular veins are assessed appropriately prior to microsclerotherapy.” Inclusion criteria, initial examination, contraindications, reasons for referral.
Click here to read the article (Reproduced here by kind permission of Aesthetic Medicine journal)
Click here to go to Aesthetic Medicine website
- Latest News
- Workshop: Foam Sclerotherapy Posted: 8th March 2023
- BAS 2023 Programme released & registration opens Posted: 10th February 2023
- New Board Appointments Posted: 7th December 2022
- Australia job opportunities Posted: 28th September 2022
- BAS 2023 Conference Date Announced Posted: 12th September 2022