New article “When to refer”
Phlebologist Dr Haroun Gajraj (VeinCare Centre, Dorset) writes in Aesthetic Medicine Feb 2020 journal on when NOT to treat leg telangiectases and reticular veins with microsclerotherapy but to refer for prior colour duplex imaging.
“Leg telangiectasias and reticular veins can be a sign of superficial venous reflux”, he says, “and may benefit from investigation by duplex ultrasound and treatment in order to mitigate the risks of venous complications such as superficial venous thrombosis, venous eczema and venous ulceration. For this reason, it is important that patients with telangiectasia and reticular veins are assessed appropriately prior to microsclerotherapy.” Inclusion criteria, initial examination, contraindications, reasons for referral.
Click here to read the article (Reproduced here by kind permission of Aesthetic Medicine journal)
Click here to go to Aesthetic Medicine website
- Latest News
- Next BAS Masterclass Webinar 30 March Posted: 17th March 2021
- BAS Vein Masterclasses take off! Posted: 14th October 2020
- Registration opens Posted: 21st September 2020
- Steer out of lockdown, the easy way Posted: 17th May 2020
- ADVICE FOR PATIENTS DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN Posted: 30th April 2020