The British Association of Sclerotherapists was established in 2003 with the following goals in mind.
- Raise and maintain standards of responsible, evidence based practice
- Draw up guidelines for safe, evidence based practice
- Establish a code of conduct
- Promote the safe delegation of treatment to suitably qualified and insured practitioners
- Assess current training and establish standards through accreditation
- Promote continued professional development through events, an informative website and other CPD resources
- Give members access to information on training, conferences and research papers
- Offer guidance and support to members and inform the public, media and allied health professionals
- Represent practitioners as a respectable body of experts
The British Association of Sclerotherapists has a growing membership and is proving a popular and credible resource for practitioners and members of the public and media. If the web site does not have the information you require, please contact us.
Benefits of BAS membership
- Benefit from belonging to a community of vein specialists, with access to guidance, support, and shadowing
- Promote your services through a listing and profile on the BAS website Approved Practitioner Directory
- Display your credentials through a trusted BAS logo and link on your website, and a membership certificate.
- Enjoy access to specialist member-only CPD resources including updates, member newsletters, articles, videos
- Preferential rates for annual conference, workshops, webinars and virtual events
- Discount on compression stockings
- Discounted insurance through Hamilton Fraser, and 15% new member discount if you are already insured with Hamilton Fraser.
- Discounted fee for Hamilton Fraser Cosmetic Redress Scheme
Membership is open to medically qualified individuals over the age of 18 who comply with GMC or NMC rules and guidelines and can demonstrate relevant qualifications and indemnity insurance. BAS members include phlebologists, vascular surgeons, dermatologists, podiatrists (registered with NMC or GMC), aesthetic doctors, dentists and nurses, and vascular nurses. AHP’s and beauty therapists can apply for membership providing they work under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
The annual membership subscription is £125. Download a Membership Application Form or Apply Online here. The application form gives details of how to join and the documentation required to support your application.
For more information please Contact Us or email [email protected]
Non-members can register to be included on the mailing list for newsletters and updates on BAS events and activities