The British Association of Sclerotherapists was established in 2003 with the following goals in mind.
- To raise and maintain standards of responsible, evidence based practice
- To draw up guidelines for safe, evidence based practice
- To establish a code of conduct
- To promote the safe delegation of treatment to suitably qualified and insured practitioners
- To assess current training and establish standards through accreditation
- To sponsor workshops and promote continued professional development
- To give members access to information on training, conferences and research papers
- To offer guidance and support to members and inform the public, media and allied health professionals
- To represent practitioners as a respectable body of experts
- The British Association of Sclerotherapists has a growing membership and is proving a popular and credible resource for practitioners and members of the public and media. If the web site does not have the information you require, please contact us.
Reasons to join the BAS
Membership of the British Association of Sclerotherapists has the following benefits:
- Promote your services through a listing and profile on the BAS web-site public directory and Find a Practitioner sections, a BAS logo or link on your website, and a membership certificate to display.
- Access to CPD and member-only articles on the BAS website
- Member newsletters and updates on relevant developments
- Discounted annual conference and exhibition
- Free pair of SIGVARIS® medical compression stockings
- Discounted insurance through Hamilton Fraser, and 15% new member discount if you are already insured with Hamilton Fraser.
- Discounted fee for Hamilton Fraser Cosmetic Redress Scheme
Membership is open to any individual over the age of 18 who complies with GMC or NMC rules and guidelines and can demonstrate relevant qualifications and indemnity insurance. The membership subscription for the year commencing 1st April 2017 is £125. Download a Membership Application Form, which gives details of how to join and the documentation required to support your application.
For more information please Contact Us or email [email protected]
Non-members can register to be included on the mailing list for newsletters and updates on BAS events and activities Apply Now