**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 17/03/2020**
The management board of the BAS has taken the decision not to proceed with the BAS 2020 conference on 19th May, and we apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience. We will keep the evolving situation under review, and if it is deemed safe to do so we would hope to reschedule the meeting to a date later in the year.
If you have paid registration fees you will be offered the option to transfer your registration to the new date or to request a refund.
The only UK meeting dedicated to CPD for all sclerotherapy practitioners.
- CPD-accredited education
- Live demonstrations
- Up to the minute information
- Chat to sponsors
- Networking second to none
- (Optional) Basic Life Support re-certification
Tuesday 19th May 2020
Eton Rowing Club, Dorney Lake, Off Court Lane, Windsor, Berks. SL4 6QP
SHOW ON MAP
BAS 2019 brings together experts from the worlds of phlebology, vascular surgery, aesthetics and dermatology, with a common interest in sclerotherapy.
Programme highlights include:
- Live foam and microsclerotherapy demonstrations
- Address by guest speaker Prof. Bruce Campbell, one of the UK’s best-known vein experts, on “Lessons learned in a lifetime of treating veins”. He has led major research studies on varicose vein treatments and authored over 200 papers, and his book for patients “Understanding Varicose Veins” has been reprinted several times
- PD Dr.Med. Torsten Willenberg, who has tutored at the prestigious EVF HOW Plus course, joins us from Bern, Switzerland to speak on “Strategies for improving the outcome of sclerotherapy for C1 veins” and “What is the best way of treating varicose veins?“
- Dr Manj Gohel, consultant vascular surgeon, lecturer and researcher, will discuss the relationships between vein diameter, clinical severity and quality of life
- Pelvic congestion syndrome – methods of management
- Debate on Compression
- Litigation and handling complaints
- Poster Presentations – the winning author will win an educational grant to cover the cost of attending the conference, up to the value of £250.
Comments from previous BAS conference delegates:
- “Very informative content, high quality speakers, good mixture of content for both medical and nursing staff. Superb venue!”
- “Thank you for a very enjoyable and enlightening conference, I always learn something new and Dorney is a wonderful, hospitable venue”
- “Just to say again that the meeting was perfect. The venue for the meeting size was brilliant and for those of us travelling, within easy reach of Heathrow. I thought the catering was excellent too. The organisation by you was wonderful and I continue to encourage as many as I can to attend”
- “It was a very interesting meeting. We really enjoyed our day. The setting, food and people were all excellent! Looking forward to next year. Thank you very much”
BAS members enjoy significantly discounted fees, and BACN, BCAM, ACE Group members and VSASM delegates are eligible for a 10% fee reduction. Early Bird rate until 5th April 2020.