Date: Tuesday 14th May 2019 (09:00 – 16:50)
To see the event photos please visit the BAS Facebook page HERE
Join us at this magnificent lakeside setting for BAS 2019 sclerotherapy conference.
BAS 2019 brings together experts from the worlds of phlebology, vascular surgery, aesthetics and dermatology, with a common interest in sclerotherapy.
Programme highlights include:
- Live foam and microsclerotherapy demonstrations
- Dr Marianne de Maeseneer (Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, and Vice President of the International Union of Phlebology) advocates fine-tuning the treatment strategy in view of the characteristics of each individual patient.
- Mr Ian Franklin (Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust & President, Royal Society of Medicine Venous Forum ) explores the role of laser treatment for thread veins and will also speak on the selection of treatments for varices following ablation of the saphenous vein.
- Prof. Andrew Bradbury (Sampson Gamgee Professor of Vascular Surgery at the University of Birmingham) was among the pioneers of Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy in the UK. Prof. Bradbury was involved in the recent trial of early endovenous ablation in venous ulceration and will address the management of venous ulcers.
- Emma Davies (Horrington Clinic, Somerset) shares her own experience of successfully marketing her microsclerotherapy practice . Emma says “Low consumer awareness of sclerotherapy makes it essential for practitioners to proactively drive demand if they want to build up their practices. I hope my talk will reinvigorate delegates and motivate them to focus on microsclerotherapy marketing.”
- Mr Stephen Blair (Liverpool Varicose Veins Clinic) explains how he combines ClariVein® and sclerotherapy, achieving excellent outcomes and a virtually pain-free experience for patients who are able to drive home safely with modified bandaging.
- Dr Stephen Tristram (Consultant Vascular Physician, Basingstoke) chairs a discussion of tips, tricks and unusual cases.
- Dr Haroun Gajraj (Phlebologist, Dorset) presents his 15 years experience of sclerotherapy complications.
- Claire Judge (
- Sponsor exhibition.
- Optional Basic Life Support re-certification (almost fully subscribed now).
- CPD certificates recognised by GMC and NMC
Comments from previous BAS conference delegates:
- “Very informative content, high quality speakers, good mixture of content for both medical and nursing staff. Superb venue!”
- “Thank you for a very enjoyable and enlightening conference, I always learn something new and Dorney is a wonderful, hospitable venue”
- “Just to say again that the meeting was perfect. The venue for the meeting size was brilliant and for those of us travelling, within easy reach of Heathrow. I thought the catering was excellent too. The organisation by you was wonderful and I continue to encourage as many as I can to attend”
- “It was a very interesting meeting. We really enjoyed our day. The setting, food and people were all excellent! Looking forward to next year.Thank you very much”
BAS members enjoy significantly discounted fees, and BACN, BCAM and ACE Group members are eligible for a 10% fee reduction. Early Bird rate until 31 March 2019
HOW TO GET THERE
HOW TO PAY